In the Netherlands we have a campaign to stop Bullying on schools, but what when this also happen at the office? Maybe in a completely different way, like “You are terrible in presenting” or “The points you came up with are so dumb”. These are just 2 examples’, but it could be anything.
Microsoft enabled the new “Communication Compliance” that is also checking all messages in Microsoft Teams (Teams traffic, 1-to-1, or groupchat). Configuration is simple, it only take some time to set all permissions and to filter the messages in the background. In the below example I created a communication compliance to monitor offensive language.
It is now 24 hours ago since I activated the compliance monitor on offensive language and below some results:
In total I have 20 items, but all of these are are messages over 3 conversations I had during the tests. Let’s open 1 of them, be aware of the “Offensive or Threatening language” 😉
As you can see it’s a complete conversation. Most interesting is that it also flagged a message in Dutch, this means it can check other languages as well.
From here you have some options for the next step:
- Resolve: When you are done reviewing an issue, you can resolve it. The alert will be moved from the “Pending” alerts queue to the “Resolved” alerts queue.
- Tag as: You can tag the specific message as “complaint”, “non-complaint” or “questionable” so it can be used for filtering.
- Notify: You can use the notify option to send out a warning message to the user about their behavior.
- Escalate: When the initial reviewer cannot judge the specific message, he/she can decide to escalate it to another reviewer.
- Create a case: When using this option, it will allow you to transfer data and management of the case to the Advance eDiscovery in Microsoft365.
- False positive: Select this when the message is incorrectly detected as a match of the policy. It will automatically resolve the issue.
- View message details: Will show all information on the message.
Want to know more? Click here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/communication-compliance?view=o365-worldwide